Science at Whiteknights is taught through a range of different topics encompassing the biology, physics and chemistry strands.
The aims of science teaching are:
- To understand scientific concepts
- To develop [and deepen] scientific knowledge through the primary years
- To understand different methods of scientific enquiry
- To make links between processes and outcomes
- To understand the significance of Science now and in the future
A range of skills are taught through Science lessons including:
- Comparing and classifying into groups
- Planning a test
- Carrying out the planned test
- Evaluating how well the test went [and how to improve next time]
- Recording and analysing data
- Observing change over time
Currently, we are privileged to have a Scientist in residence at Whiteknights. This year, Year 5 pupils will experience going to the lab and take part in experiments to supplement their in-class learning.
Please see below the detail associated with topics we will be following within the Science Curriculum.