Science at Whiteknights is taught through a range of different topics encompassing the biology, physics and chemistry strands.
The aims of science teaching are:
- To understand scientific concepts
- To develop [and deepen] scientific knowledge through the primary years
- To understand different methods of scientific enquiry
- To make links between processes and outcomes
- To understand the significance of Science now and in the future
A range of skills are taught through Science lessons including:
- Comparing and classifying into groups
- Planning a test
- Carrying out the planned test
- Evaluating how well the test went [and how to improve next time]
- Recording and analysing data
- Observing change over time
Currently, we are privileged to have a Scientist in residence at Whiteknights. Over the course of the academic year, year groups 1, 5 and 6 will have the opportunity to experience the Science lab. This is an opportunity to enhance the learning completed in class through further tests and activities.
Please see below the detail associated with topics we will be following within the Science Curriculum.