Our Nursery Mission
We will nurture each individual and help them to grow in greatness.
We aim to provide outstanding Early Years educational opportunities that develop happy, confident pupils, who have the skills to be successful lifelong learners, and are able to fulfil their ambitions.
We do this by:
- Maintaining a focus on attaining high standards at the heart of all that we do.
- Providing pupils with quality experiences and opportunities.
- Offering flexible Nursery times for families’ modern needs.
- Providing outstanding leadership, including governance.
From joining Nursery all the way through to Year 6 we help pupils develop the belief that they can achieve the highest academic standards. This growth mind set is woven into our curriculum through assemblies and positive reflection within lessons.
We will aim to be an outstanding nursery by:
- Being a safe, happy place where everyone is known and valued, and where needs are acknowledged, accepted and met.
- Encouraging each child to be independent and self-disciplined, to develop a sense of responsibility for themselves and respect for others and the environment.
- Providing a stimulating range of activities that support the seven areas of learning:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development.
- Physical Development.
- Communication and Language
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
- Having outstanding teaching to lead the pupils to reach expected or exceeding in the Early Years Curriculum.
- Developing a ‘can do’ attitude for life which follows the schools growth mindset.
- Developing a child’s self-esteem by valuing and incorporate all aspects of their lives, building a strong partnership with parents and the community.
- Children can join the Nursery the term after their third birthday.
If you would like to apply for a place in our nursery, you can pick up an application form from our office, or alternatively download a copy of the form (see below). We recommend applying for a nursery placement a year in advance.
- Flexible nursery times to meet the needs of the family, including breakfast, lunch and after-school clubs.
- A focus on achieving high standards at the heart of all we do.
- Pupils quality experiences and opportunities.
If you have any questions about our Nursery, please email email@example.com
30 Hours Free Childcare
Some parents will be entitled to 30 hours of free childcare a week. To check if you are eligible for 30 hours of free childcare, please refer to the following link: 30 Hours Free Childcare
Once you have completed this check you will need to complete an application online. If you are not eligible for 30 hours, you will still be entitled to the universal 15 hours of free childcare currently offered by the government and have the option to pay for the additional hours if you wish. Please note all nursery spaces are subject to availability.
Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP)
The EYPP gives the school additional funding to support disadvantaged 3 and 4-year-old children.
3 and 4-year-olds will be eligible for EYPP if the child receives the universal 15 hours entitlement and they meet any of the following criteria-
*Their family gets one of the following:
Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
Child Tax Credit (provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
Working Tax Credit run-on, which is paid for 4 weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Universal Credit (household income must be less than £7,400 a year after tax, not including any benefits - this is assessed on up to 3 of the parent’s most recent Universal Credit assessment periods)
* They are currently being looked after by a local authority in England or Wales
* They have left care in England or Wales through:
an adoption order
a special guardianship order
a child arrangements order
Free School Meals
*Every child gets free school meals from when they start school, up until they finish year 2
*From year 3, only children who are signed up to the pupil premium will receive free school meals
*Even though every child gets free school meals until the end of year 2, it’s still important to apply as your child's school will receive extra funding which it can spend on things like extra staff, books or school trips.
To apply for a place in our Nursery for academic year (2023-2024 or 2024-2025), please complete the below application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org